Monday, May 2, 2016

Update After So Long

Probably no one reads this anymore if they ever did, (well, a few have) but I see I have not done anything for years.  I suppose I am old school and therefore have not considered writing a blog to be the most important thing in my life.  That, or I really don't have a life worth telling about.  You decide.

So, we have moved to Bradenton, Florida.  My wife made the suggestion last year and I went with it.  Hey, after being a pastor for 45 years or so, I have lived in so many places that home has pretty much been determined by where I hang my hat.  So, we put the house in Illinois on the market and moved into the one-bedroom condo we had bought a couple of years ago.  That lasted a few months and my wife told me she just wasn't an apartment kind of person after all.  What to do?  I really wanted a bit of a yard myself and would be happier if I didn't have to take the dog down two flights of stairs several times a day so she could water and fertilize the building's yard.  Well, the water stayed.  The solid stuff had to be bagged and thrown in the trash.   Anyway, we have purchased a double-wide mobile home and started the renovation on it to make it the way we, er, my wife, wants it.  More later on that one.

It is nice being in Bradenton because one of our sons and his family are here and we have not lived in the same town as any family for a long time.  The down side is that we know hardly anyone yet except a few folk we have met at the church.  I wouldn't count them as close friends, but I certainly would count them as fine people to know.  Making friends with whom we have things in common will come, I am sure.  In the meantime, I have work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment